Such a surprise to hear from CricketMuse that she had nominated me for a Liebster Award. How very kind of her. Thank you Cricketmuse
My nominator had asked me the following questions –
1. It’s 2pm on a sunny Saturday–where are you and what are you doing?
Heading for a coffee shop with a book under my arm., somewhere with big windows and a pleasant view.
2. Given the choice of reading a classic novel or the latest bestseller which do you prefer?
The bestseller – so much to read and so little time to read it.
3. Could you work in a job without a window?
Only if I had no alternative.
4. How do you celebrate the first day of vacation?
Doing as little as possible.
5. Who is your favorite poet?
Shakespeare – his Sonnets
6. Do you think technology is affecting they way we converse with one another?
Yes – I enjoy the messaging but I do miss the verbal contacts.
7. Here’s the magic wand–what’s your wish?
To disable the vocal cords of a certain politician for a few days ! But that’s a rather negative answer when I should be saying feeding the starving in all countries or giving other countries a health systen based on the one in Australia where you are given the best of medical care even when you’re poor.
8. What country would you visit if you won the sweepstakes?
9. Which pet do you prefer–traditional (dog) or exotic (hedgehog)?
traditional – cat
10. How many blogs do you read during the week?
About a dozen.. Read too many and you don’t do them justice. I like to have time to think about the contents.
11. What do you think of blog awards?
It’s a bit like a chain letter, but in a nice way.. But it makes you a link in the chain. Hello fellow Liebsters.
And she asked for 11 Random Facts about myself.
My first cat was called Henry after Henry V.
I have blue eyes.
I love carbohydrates unfortunately
I usually prefer the winter – it energises me.
A regret -I never learnt to ice-skate
A guilty pleasure would be to learn how to be a hacker, in a nice sort of way, just so I could have a little peek !
Favourite musical – Les Miserables – on stage of course, not on film.
I think that’s enough. You know what they say about giving away too much about yourself on the internet and I think I have already said far too much. !
And now I have to devise 11 questions which hopefully will be answered by those I nominate for A Liebster Award but which can be ignored if they are too personal.
1 Favorite book ?
2. Favorite Movie ?
3. Favorite TV Show ?
4. Do you go to concerts, either classical or other ?
5. What things get under your skin and stir you up ?
6. What time do you go to bed / get out of bed ?
9. Do you watch TV in bed ?
10. Do you like wearing hats – what sort
11.When you sing in the shower, what song do you sing ?
Now I can really see you, wearing your favorite hat, with a book and a DVD under your arm and some theatre tickets sticking out of your pocket. and on your way to your favorite protest rally ! Looks like you’re having fun.
Trumpet Roll – here is my list of nominees for a Liebster Award , in no particular order –
2. Booker Talk
I don’t know about other people but I keep my reading list fairly short – a few regulars then a little time left to dabble with a random reading.f If someone has taken the time to write a blog entry then I need time to read and think about the entry, not just skim and discard.
The rules of the Liebster Award are as follows :
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you.
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. (No tag backs)
4. Copy and Paste the blog award on your blog